Options

Scheduling Multi Script jobs

screenshotscreenshot Posts: 2 Bronze 1
edited December 13, 2014 2:42AM in SQL Multi Script
I don't see any option to schedule Multi Script jobs in the documentation. Am I missing something? I'd like to do my deployments to my many databases on many servers at 3am, without having to wake up to do it.

(I've not downloaded the tool yet as I'm waiting for something on my end before I start the trial period)

Comments

• Options
    Hi Screenshot,

Unfortunately SQL Multi Script isn't currently scriptable itself.

You might be able to rig up something to meet your needs using the windows scheduler and the sqlcmd command line utility:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms170207.aspx
  • Options
    Really, is it so difficult to add scheduling feature? MultiScript is a fantastic tool but we will have to move away from it since we cannot schedule our scripts and produce saved results on daily basis (outside of business hours). I.e. I have 100+ SQL Servers and I need daily maintenance/backup status report at 6AM, thus by the time when everybody is at the office, DBA has a report which backup failed and what errors we found in error logs. I have no time to view logs manually, neither run the scripts during business hours.
  • Options
    I want to save the results of several scripts i run at one time. I see I can save the results from EACH script - but I want to save the results for ALL Scripts into one file. Can that be done?
    You can get score highest marks in MB6-871 dumps dumps exam using testking.co.uk and test king which are prepared by ku certified professionals www.bentley.edu ccna wireless Northwestern University