Options

.NET XML Deserializer Not working with Performance Profiler

I have an application that uses the .NET XML Serializer to deserialize a couple objects. It works fine standalone or within the Visual Studio debugger, but when I use ANTS Profiler, I get an exception indicating "There is an error in XML document (0, 0)"

I'm running

Windows 7 64-bit
Visual Studio 2008
.NET 2.0
ANTS Performance Profiler Evaluation Version

Comments

• Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Thanks for your post.
    This isn't a problem I've seen previously- without knowing a little more about your application it's not really possible to say why the exception would occur. Is it possible for you to send some code (either your existing app or a small sample that exhibits the same problem) to us? We've got a ticket open for you so you can mail us directly at support@red-gate.com quoting F0057937 in the subject line.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    It may be something to do with the application's working directory - that's typically set in the environment but as ANTS adds stuff to the application environment to allow profiling, sometimes it gets modified. If the XML file is being loaded from Environment.CurrentDirectory, then you may want to set the working directory in the settings of ANTS Profiler.
  • Options
    Per James' suggestion, I just e-mailed an VS2008 project example.
  • Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Thanks - our mailserver stripped it so I'll email you across an FTP link instead.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software