Options

Selection disappears after Format SQL

Jason HannasJason Hannas Posts: 41 Bronze 3
edited February 27, 2012 4:30PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I've used SQL Prompt (or Refactor) for years and until this latest upgrade the text selection has always remained after I hit CTRL-K, CTRL-Y. This makes it very easy to format, cut, paste, tab over the entire selection to the correct indent in a larger script or procedure, etc. It is one of the more useful features about which I never gave a second thought until it suddenly disappeared.

With this latest version, after the formatting has finished, my text is no longer selected, and worse, the page will often jump so that my cursor (at the end of the text) is now at the top of the screen.

Is this a bug that will be addressed shortly or is this intended behavior? If the latter, please reconsider and in the meantime I'll need to move back a version. Where can I grab the previous version?

Thanks,
Jason

Comments

• Options
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for your report.

There were some problems with formatting selected text that were inadvertently introduced in SQL Prompt 5.2.2. On Friday 24th we released 5.2.6 that we believe fixes this issue, so please give it a go and let us know if it improves things for you.

You should be able to get 5.2.6 by going to SQL Prompt 5 > Help > Check for Updates.... Alternatively you could download the new version from the Red Gate website.

Regards,
    Paul
    Paul Stephenson
    Project Manager, Red Gate
  • Options
    Thank you...that fixed my issue!