Ignore merge replication constraints?

weswinklerweswinkler Posts: 54 New member
edited February 23, 2012 8:46AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I would like to selectively ignore check constraints on table columns when the constraint name matches a pattern. The particular pattern is a check constraint name like [repl_identity_range_*].

My need arises from comparisons between two different multi-server environments, each of which has merge replication streams among several databases. These replication streams are functionally equivalent, but were NOT created at the same time. Therefore, there is a slight difference in the system-generated name and in the system-generated replication identity range values.

I have examined the project options for possible settings that would work.
I do NOT want to ignore all check constraints.
I do NOT want to ignore both Check constraint and Index names. Ignoring only Check Constraint names would be great!

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Are there plans to add Check Constraints and/or to the types of objects to which name filters can be applied? Any plans to separate out the "ignore name differences" to target index names and constraint names independently?

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

I have added the details of this forum post to an existing Feature Request, reference number SC-4443.

I have also reset the status of the Feature Request to be reviewed. Hopefully the requested feature may appear in a later version of SQL Compare.

Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com