Problem with synchronization

I did a SQL Compare between two databases and synchronized successfully. Now I am running SQL Data Compare and I get the following:

Row difference cannot be displayed because the objects cannot be compared. Ensure that object mappings and comparison keys are set correctly.

How can Compare say they are in sync and then Data Compare cant find the mapping? I could change the mapping but this should be automatic I would think?

Comments

• Thanks for your post. Without seeing the DB it's difficult to say, but are you sure you've got comparison keys set?

The schema's could be identical, but a comparison won't run if you don't have comparison keys set.

HTH!
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Well my point was that SQL Compare says the DBs are identical. Shouldn't SQL Data Compare then should not show that 1 table could not be compared unless I am missing something. I can send you screenshots if that would be helpful.
  • By all means send screenshots in to support@red-gate.com with a subject line in the e-mail of F0057350.

My point extends past whether the schema is different or not; It's still possible for the schemas to be the same and for the comparison to not complete because you don't have a comparison key set. Further information on this an be found on our website, the link of which is detailed below:

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/c ... p/9.0/9067
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Sorry, I get it now, just realized developer did not put an index on this table. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I just wasnt getting it. Thanks for your help.