Options

Disable Commit All Affected?

TheSQLGuruTheSQLGuru Posts: 78 Silver 2
I have upgraded to V3x and now when I select something to commit it defaults to also committing all associated objects by default. I REALLY want to disable that - is there a setting somewhere? If not, please consider this a feature request. :-)
Kevin G. Boles
SQL Server MVP 2007-2012
Indicium Resources, Inc.

Comments

• Options
    csmithcsmith Posts: 138 Bronze 1
    Hi

Can you please confirm what you mean by 'associated objects'?

In SQL Source Control version 3 we added Migration Scripts, which must be committed with associated objects. We also enforce changes to be committed together it they are Data and Schema changes related to the same object.

Would you be able to post some brief steps we can take to reproduce the issue?

Many thanks,
    Chris
    Divisional Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    TheSQLGuruTheSQLGuru Posts: 78 Silver 2
    csmith wrote:
    Hi

Can you please confirm what you mean by 'associated objects'?

In SQL Source Control version 3 we added Migration Scripts, which must be committed with associated objects. We also enforce changes to be committed together it they are Data and Schema changes related to the same object.

Would you be able to post some brief steps we can take to reproduce the issue?

Many thanks,
    Chris

"We also enforce changes to be committed together if they are data and schema changes related to the same object". That is the part I want made optional. When I go to commit a change on a sproc say, I get a popup with numerous other objects already selected and a check box checked to commit all of those other objects I DID NOT SELECT. If I mistakenly just hit enter or continued without UNCHECKING the box I would commit those other objects I did NOT ASK TO BE COMMITTED.
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server MVP 2007-2012
    Indicium Resources, Inc.