Restore failed with Exit Code 280?

swelshswelsh Posts: 13
edited January 25, 2012 2:51PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
We have a job that nightly restores a copy of a production database to a reporting environment and had an issue last night where the backup ran long and caused the restore job to retry a few times before succeeding as the backup file was still being written to. However the last retry before the successful run exhibited an odd behavior and ran longer than all the other retries. This is the error message:

RESTORE DATABASE successfully processed 57347713 pages in 5679.849 seconds (82.712 MB/sec).

SQL Backup exit code: 280

(38 rows(s) affected)

name                                                             value                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
---------------------------------------------------------------- 
exitcode                                                         280
sqlerrorcode                                                     0
filename001                                                      [-- file name removed --]

(3 rows(s) affected)

Msg 50000, Sev 18, State 1, Line 35 : Red-Gate SQL Restore failed [SQLSTATE 42000]

And I cannot find any documentation on what Exit Code 280 signifies.

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,779 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum and sorry that you have encountered a problem.

I must admit, exit code 280 is new warning code that I have not seen before. In SQL Backup Exit Codes 499 and below are warning codes and 500 and above are error codes.

A support call has been created for you, the call reference number is F0056667. Can you please send an e-mail to [email protected] and include the call reference F0056667 in the subject field of the e-mail. Please attach a copy of the SQL Backup log file for this restore and confirm the exact version of SQL Backup you are using.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: [email protected]