Options

Schema Difference Script Has Errors

ivishnevivishnev Posts: 2
Hi Red Gate team,

We've been using Red Gate Comparison Tools for a while and I must say they are really good, however DBA team always had issues with schema difference scripts, specifically because of our in-house naming conventions, e.g. mask for stored procedure is <table name>$<action>

At the moment, me and the rest of DEV team are automating daily deployments including database. Hence, when differences between source and target are built, we get the following result in output SQL script, which is leading to an error.
ALTER PROCEDURE &#91;ThreadRecipient$GetByMessageGroupId&#93;$GetByMessageGroupId

or
ALTER PROCEDURE &#91;TrackingAttachmentMessage$Insert&#93;$Insert

In case if you're out of solution, I'll go ahead and write a regex, which is going to comment out later token occurrence, to resolve error (ALTER PROCEDURE [TrackingAttachmentMessage$Insert]--$Insert), but before I do, just wanted to ask Red Gate support team first.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Ivan Vishnev

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't anything immediate that you can apply within the tool to account for this, so you'll need to go down the workaround route I'm afraid.

I've logged this though in our internal tracking system under ref CSD-158, and we'll let you know when there's any movement on it.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569