Custom error web server not able to open error reports

raffaeuraffaeu Posts: 28
edited December 21, 2011 8:04AM in SmartAssembly
I have two machines, DEV where I build my ClickOnce SA application and WEB where I store the error reports and where I have an additional license of SA.
I compile the application on DEV and run it on a third machine. When there is an exception I can succesfully use the custom error report and send the error to my web server.
The issue happens when I refresh the SA client on my web server, as soon as it tries to load the error report I get this exception:
https://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p0amp3udnOXjTeN9fOmZ4AUiJfdJqVyTHbZwSaQ2p3G-Wsf1kro6XJ-ry7Fk258gelZyxDED1OX_b43eEHN71cg/error.bmp
It says:
"The report is not associated with a valid project ID. Either the assembly was not built using this computer (which is true) or the assembly was not marked as released (which is true, is Debug) and the associated was deleted"

Comments

• This is a more detailed description of the error I am having which has been sent also to your ticket system yesterday.

Good morning, I am attaching in this e-mail the exact problem I am facing with Smart Assembly 6.5 error reporting feature.

I have a Development machine DEV01 with:
    • SQL Server 2008 Express
    • Visual Studio 2010
    • SA Professional license
    In this development machine I am building a Windows Form ClickOnce application using the MsBuild task provided by RedGate.
    I have configure everything to use a remote SQL and a remote shared folder for the mappings and to use our internal web server.
    As soon as I build the project I can see the SQL server populated and the map published in the remote folder.

I have an internal web server installed using your tutorial.
    WEB01. I have also installed in this server SA Developer license in order to be able to view the error reports.

As soon as the application crashes I can see that in my report folder I have a new file called “tally” of 1Kb
    Nothing is written to the database
    If I open SA client from the web server I receive the following error and no reports are displayed:
    "The report is not associated with a valid project ID. Either the assembly was not built using this computer (which is true) or the assembly was not marked as released (which is true, is Debug) and the associated was deleted"
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Thanks - FYI we are already working on this as you had previously opened a support ticket by email.
  • Hi Brian, actually I got notified that the ticket has been closed while I didn't get a solution on my problem yet.
    If I run your MsBuild task, the SQL is not upgraded, either the project table or the builds table are not updated.
  • Hello guys, after some experiments I was able to sort out the problem.
    It works only if I set my project to "Release". If I set the project to "Debug" SA recompiles the project but it does not update SQL Server.
    :D
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Actually I in debug configuration, SmartAssembly should not process the assembly (unless you deviated from the instructions), so that would make sense.
  • That make sense now. :wink: