Options

Sharing sdc files

sroslynsroslyn Posts: 3
I have created a number projects which I have placed in a folder on a corporate network so they can be shared among team members.

When I open an sdc file, it works fine, but when a teammate does the same, and press the "Compare Now" button, they receive an error about "Registering databases" and "Reading constraints".

They have the same access to the database that I have, so that is not the problem.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Without the error, it's hard to say. Can you supply some more information as to the error you get, and whether it only happens when users try to run the comparison at the same time?
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    I've tried to attach a screen shot but an not sure if will work or not.

The errors comes up in a dialog box and says: "Tasks cannot be completed" Then a red X icon and "Registering databases" then underneath that the server name and the name of the first database followed by "Reading constraints"

At the bottom of the dialog box there is also an 'i' in a quote bubble icon, and the message "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.

Only one user is trying it a time.

Thanks James!

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\roslysh\Desktop[/img]
  • Options
    The screenshot didn't work - it may be easier for you to email support directly, as we have a ticket open for this. You can email support@red-gate.com quoting F0054299 in the subject line.

One thing to also check is permissions - is the user(s) getting the error connecting with enough permissions? If they use 'sa' does it work?
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software