Options

Customized alert settings at 'All Servers' level.

fruyvenfruyven Posts: 9
edited November 10, 2011 7:02AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
How can I see what alert have been customized at this level?

This seems to be true: "You can see which alerts have been customized at which levels in the Monitored servers list; they are indicated by the number in brackets"

But at this level (All Servers) this seems to be untrue: "When you select a level in the Monitored servers list, those alerts that have been customized at the selected level are identified by <This level> and highlighted in bold"

(Quotes from http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... 418820.htm)

Comments

• Options
    I think I found a work-around.

select * from [alert].[Alert_Type] where [AlertType] in (select [_AlertType] from [config].[AlertConfiguration])
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, this is not very visible at 'All Servers' level. The idea was that if you change something at this level then it becomes default for you. Though you can see how many have changed (from factory default) by seeing the number against 'All Servers' level.

It would be nice to know why you would like to know what has been changed from factory defaults at 'All Servers' level?

Note: You can always retrieve this directly from SQL Monitor database repository.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    fruyven wrote:
    I think I found a work-around.

select * from [alert].[Alert_Type] where [AlertType] in (select [_AlertType] from [config].[AlertConfiguration])

Yes, you are absolutely correct :).

Regards,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    "It would be nice to know why you would like to know what has been changed from factory defaults at 'All Servers' level?"

The reason is that we have just recently started using SQL monitor and now I want to review the configuration changes we made before.

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,
    Frits
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for your reply Frits.
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software