Options

SQL Prompt Exceptions

MikeONeillMikeONeill Posts: 131
edited October 27, 2011 3:30PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
What is This ... there are maybe 20 of them over 3 hrs and VS 2010 won't stay up

2011-10-27 11:44:52,945 [45] ERROR RedGate.SqlPrompt.Engine.LogService [(null)] - LogService caught unhandled exception in AppDomain: 'Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'FontsAndColors-TextEditor' Key being added: 'FontsAndColors-TextEditor''
System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'FontsAndColors-TextEditor' Key being added: 'FontsAndColors-TextEditor'
at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)
at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value)
at #Mhd.#Lhd.#0Ag(String category, String page)
at #Mhd.#Lhd.GetProperty[#Apb](String category, String page, String propertyName)
at #Mhd.#Lhd.#6id()
at #Mhd.#Lhd.#hjd()
at #Mhd.#Lhd.#mjd(Object state)
at System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

It coincides with my loading CodeSmith 6 Beta 3 this morning

I have been having sporadic errors whihc look like Tab Magic

This one coincides with VS 2010 giving up and closing down

I suspect it to do with out of memory errors, as I have it on my old 2G work laptop and not on my 4G home PC

Mike

Comments

• Options
    Hi Mike,

These appear to be unhandled exceptions from another addin (possibly the CodeSmith 6 beta you mentioned?). Although they're being caught by our log service, Sql Prompt isn't the cause. We record all unhandled exceptions from the AppDomain in our logs, which can be misleading, as it includes those thrown by other addins.

Hope this information helps you track the cause!
    James Allison

Software Engineer - SQL Prompt
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    Thanks James

I have passed this to CodeSmith , it also explains why the Red Gate Event log contains so much stuff

They believe they have found an issue which they have fixed

Sorry to bother you

Mike