Saving state of GUI compare

barryryanbarryryan Posts: 8
We are comparing a before and after batch database of 180 million rows.

The compare takes c. 3h 30 minutes.

Once run I would like to be able to browse and refer to the results over a number of weeks. At the moment the UI needs to stay loaded for this to happen.

I can save the export the comparison as CSV but can't graphically load these into the standard compare view without re-running the whole compare.

Is there a feature to "save the compare" and re-load it OR open one of the exported CSV and view the differences in the UI (avoiding custom coding a UI ourselves to process the CSVs)?

Comments

• Hi Barry,

I'm afraid what you're after can't be done with the current functionality in Data Compare, but I've logged a feature request for you, reference SDC-1281. Sorry I couldn't be more help with this.
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
  • I second this request.

I'm having the same problem. I tried to copy all and paste it into Excel to save, but even attempting this causes the GUI to freeze up so that I have to restart the program and rerun the comparison. I have so much data that the exported csv can't be opened properly or even imported into another database.

I would love to have more complete summary options so that there was no need for this. The reason I'm trying to export it is that I want find out the total number of mismatched entries by column. For now, I am going back to my original databases and writing SQL code to sum these up for me.

Any suggestions on how else to do this (within SQL Data Compare or otherwise) are welcome!