Options

Unregistering from a computer with no Internet connection

I needed to profile a service on a server, so I installed ANTS on the server, and was just going to use the trial on there but the profile kept stopping after 20 minutes of a 2 hour function, so I tried registering it and got a message that it couldn't reach the internet (and the machine can't) but go to certain page and register it remotely... so I did.

Well anyway, it seemed to run further, but then I found out that it couldn't tell me any source code locations because the source code isn't there... so now I want to unregister the server from the ANTS tools so that it's not floating around on a server that's useless but now I find that there doesn't seem to be a way to deactivate it remotely like you can to register. Why is this? It seems silly to give this functionality to activate remotely but not to be able to deactivate it as well.

thanks for the help,
MagooChris

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I agree but the reason you need to deactivate live over the Internet is because we could not find a way of making deactivation work over the web or email without opening up a giant security hole. Licensing needs to be redesigned a bit to make deactivation work in a way that can't be exploited, so hopefully in a future version of licensing we can get this to work.

If you need to use the licence on another computer, you may use the Request additional activations page: http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/G ... ations.htm