Features available in next release of SQL Compare

David AtkinsonDavid Atkinson Posts: 1,439 Rose Gold 2
edited November 17, 2011 4:43PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
More information on the new migrations feature can be found here:
http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-de ... /migration

To sign up to early access notifications, visit:
https://www.surveymk.com/s/SqlSourceControl_Download

New features:
* Rerunnable scripts - options to add existence checks and DROP/CREATE.
* Recently used servers – We remember the last 5 connections now.
* Migrations feature: you can now create, store and share migration scripts for accurate, automated deployment using SQL Source Control and SQL Compare.
* The migration feature enables database continuous integration.
* Different tables and columns can be mapped, which means renames will no longer be regarded as DROP/CREATE.
* Transaction Isolation Level can be specified as an application option.
* Maximize button added to sync wizard

Bug fixes:
* Extra change tracking bug fixes
* Disabled triggers now detected
* Other bug fixes

If you have any feedback about v9.5, please let us know on this forum or contact our support team at support@red-gate.com.

Regards,

David Atkinson
Product Manager
David Atkinson
Product Manager
Redgate Software

Comments

• Options
    Great work guys checking it out now
  • Options
    I'd like to have the possibility to generate drop/create scripts for objects like procedures, functions, triggers, views and anything else that can be dropped without losing data.
    Paulo Morgado
    Portugal
    Web Site
    Weblog
    Twitter
  • Options
    As we've released a new Beta, I've updated the original post above with detail on the new features and bug fixes.

Please post your feedback as soon as possible to maximize our chances to fix the issues before the full release.

Enjoy!

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    I notice that after working my way through the deployment wizard and launching the generated script in management studio, the code window no longer has focus, requiring me to grab the mouse and click the code window before hitting F5. Since I'm keyboard centric, I have to ask, is this by design as it is a change from 9.0's behavior?

For what it is worth, I am running the version of management studio that ships with sql server 2008 r2.

Keep it up!
    --Brian