Crash after obfuscation : Security Rules Violated.

UsherNetUsherNet Posts: 7
edited November 8, 2011 7:15AM in SmartAssembly
I experience an issue after running SA6, the exe works before the obfuscation. Anyone any ideas?

Inheritance security rules violated while overriding member: 'SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.SmartStackFrame.GetObjectData(System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext)'. Security accessibility of the overriding method must match the security accessibility of the method being overriden.

TIA

Paul

Comments

• Hi Paul,

I can't be 100% sure, but it sounds again like that problem you have when you used .NET 2 code access policy and tried to run it in .NET 4. There probably needs to be a SecurityTransparent attribute removed from some method. Have you got a stack trace leading up to this error?
  • I am experiencing this same problem after upgrading an application to .NET 4.0. It runs fine before obfuscation, but in the obfuscated executable a TypeLoaderException is thrown with a SecurityException as the inner.

Decoded stack trace is:

at SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.StackFrameHelper.CreateExceptionN(Exception , Object[] )
    at SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.StackFrameHelper.CreateException4(Exception , Object , Object , Object , Object )
    at SmartAssembly.StringsEncoding.Strings..cctor()

Occurs with or without string encoding enabled.

Fake Edit:

Adding the following attribute to the Assembly resolved the issue:
    <Assembly: System.Security.SecurityRules(System.Security.SecurityRuleSet.Level1)>