Command line Azure Sync not working

wesooswesoos Posts: 5
edited October 19, 2011 6:13AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I have been using SQL Compare 9 for months now to sync an Azure database with a local database for backing up purposes. I use the command line tools to sync the database and then sync the data, in a scheduled task every night.

Obviously recently, within last few days, Azure support broke due to a Azure release. I applied a patch from you guys in another post, which works fine when I use the GUI. But when using the same command line I have been using for months now, it throws the following error when trying to Sync the databases. "User does not have permission to perform this action."

Please help!

Comments

• The SQL Compare team will take a look to see if they can reproduce this behaviour. In the meantime, have you tried SQL Azure Backup? It has a command line interface. It can be downloaded from:

http://www.red-gate.com/products/dba/sql-azure-backup/
  • Guys, actually it is happening in the GUI as well. I am using a SQL server user account to do the synchronization. This account has db_owner role, but for some reason it's not allowing the sync. It registers the databases and does the compare, but throws the error when attempting to sync.

Thanks
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I've looked at the debugging information you'd sent in and it appears you do not have permission to create a login, so this would have more to do with your role in the "master" database than your actual database role. The Azure dox from Microsoft suggest you need the loginmanager role.

Hope this helps!