Options

Deadlock Monitoring

Cenage_SupportCenage_Support Posts: 5
edited September 15, 2011 4:16AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I just took over SQL monitor 2 from Redgate and I would like to do some tuning to our monitoring. My first priority is our Deadlock monitoring which happens about 3000 times a week across 5000+ databases that a few dozen applications access. So basically clearing up all these deadlocks will be near impossible.

I would like to know is there a way to Alert on the number of deadlocks that occur in a specified period of time. If I have lets say 500 deadlocks during business hours something maybe wrong that needs to be looked at, however if I have 100 in our off hours I dont want to know about them

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

This is currently not supported in the product.

But having said that we are currently working on "Custom metric and alerts" feature for V 3.0. So you should be able to achieve this via this feature when SQL Monitor V 3.0 is released. We would be running "Early Access Program" for V 3.0 very soon. If you are interested in having a preview of "Custom metric and alerts" and giving us feedback, then please let us know.

Apart from this, you can access some reports from here http://www.red-gate.com/products/dba/sq ... /ssrs-pack. It will atleast give you summary of the number of alerts.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Priyasinha,

Yes We would like to run the Early Access Program for the custom metric and alerts. It will allow us to work on tailor our alerts for our databases/systems.
  • Options
    That's great. I am sending you separate email regarding this.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software