Transaction log backup with COPYTO issues
I have a few issues with the process that are causing me headaches:
1. At least once a day so far files have copied but not renamed from .partial to .sqb (they weren't corrupt, although I have had failures that were corrupt also)
2. On a few occassions files have got stuck in Pending on the copy server, updating to 220.127.116.11 and changing some copy params may have helped here still waiting to see
3. I have had some file copy errors (not as frequent but under higher load ie. file sizes such as maintenance index rebuilds) where the copies fail with "The semaphore timeout period has expired".
Has anyone else experienced these types of issues and have any ideas on how to make the process more robust? Currently I'm spending at least 30-60mins a day (incl. weekends) making sure it all stays on track. I'm pretty sure I could write some tools to monitor/correct issues but if something else can be done that'd be the preference.
- COPYTO:CopyIntervalInMinutes = 1
- COPYTO:ExpiryIntervalInMinutes = 2880
- CYTO:MaxCopyIntervalCount = 10
- COPYTO:ThreadCount = 10