Exception on Linking Database

BadgottBadgott Posts: 4
If i try to link my database i get the followeing error message:

SQL 2008 R2 Express
RedGate Version: latest

RedGate.Shared.Utils.InvalidStateException: Failed to resolve no-ops after 5 tries
bei #GWeb.#VXM.#mYM[#eTb](Func`2 , ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks )
bei #GWeb.#VXM.#kYM(ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks )
bei #GWeb.#4Ec.#8Jc(ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks )
bei #GWeb.#4Ec.#t.#B3.#qfA(ICancellableOperationStatus )
bei RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.MutexedCancellableOperation`1.#t.#u3.#k5f()
bei RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.CancellableOperationBase.InvokeWithTracker(Action action)
bei RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.MutexedCancellableOperation`1.Invoke()
bei #eEc.#Qlg.Invoke()
bei #JLc.#PLc.#t.#Jfb.#EJf()
bei RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SmartAssembly.ExceptionReporting.ErrorReporterBase.Do(Action , Predicate`1 , Boolean )
bei RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SmartAssembly.ExceptionReporting.ErrorReporterBase.DoWithObviousExceptionsRethrowAll(Action action)
bei RedGate.SQLSourceControl.CommonUI.Forms.ErrorDialog.DoWithObviousExceptionsRethrowAll(Action action)
bei #JLc.#PLc.#CTc(ICancellableOperation`1 , Object )

Any ideas ?

Kind regards
Daniel

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Daniel,
    The snippet looks to me as if there was a failure trying to send the error report rather than the original failure itself. Can you explain what you see in source control when you attempt to link?

We may need you to email us the full log to work out what is going on.
  • Hi Brain,

I've submitted an error report over the source control panel to your system.

The Description Text also contains a link to this post so I hope you can map the submitted issue to this post and keep me updated.

Kind regards,
    Daniel
    Hi Daniel,

I've got the error report but it looks like the problem is getting changes rather than the link operation itself.

The last thing it did was to try to get the database info file:

11:24:23.328|Info |#oEc.#z8h |12 |ConfigurableThreadPool thread:UpdatingAll to revision 9269: [FilesToUpgrade: C:\Users\(you)\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 2\WorkingBases\frjcw2xq.pgd\Tables\dbo.HMSolution.sql'C:\Users\(you)\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 2\WorkingBases\frjcw2xq.pgd\RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml]
  • Hi Brain,

any ideas why this happens i've used a backup from the same database that was also linked with soucre control before.

Kind regards
    Daniel
    I don't know what is causing this and why but it seems to be that the source control system can't get the latest version. Can you try deleting the local copy of the above-mentioned file from disk and then see if the operation succeeds?
    Did deleting the file help?