sql data compare permission error

ronaldronald Posts: 3
I got reading DDL error when using sql data comapre at registering database stage. The sql account already have db_owner role in the database. What other permission it need to resolve the issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Thanks for your post. The below article on our support site details the minimum permissions required for SQL Data Compare:

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... %20Compare

HTH!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Peter,
    thank you for your reply. I have seen the article before, and added dbo_owner to the sql account. But still have the error At "Registering database - xx -Reading DDL triggers." "The user does not have permission to prerform theis action." The database is backup/restore from another server. I am using Red Gates Defaults for the options tab.
    Any further idea?
  • What about VIEW DEFINITION and being a member of the PUBLIC role?

Your best bet is to try viewing DDL triggers through SSMS with that account; if you can't do it there, you aren't going to be able to do it with SQL Data Compare I'm afraid and it comes down to it being a SQL Server permissions issue that you will need to resolve with your DBA and SQL Server Books Online.

The article I linked to previously though contains full details of all permissions required, so if you believe you've followed the instructions to the letter, as I said try looking at it in SSMS. If it is then working in SSMS but not SQL Data Compare, by all means let me know.

HTH!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569