Options

Supoport Question - Can you BUy Support Years Later On

EdCardenEdCarden Posts: 134 Silver 1
edited August 8, 2011 12:52PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Support question. Anyone know if when you buy SQL Monitor with say a year of support and at the end of that year you want to buy another year or 2 of support does RedGate sale support in that fashion or do you have to pre-buy all the years support you may need in advance?

I realize you get a discount for each year you buy in advance but at full price can you buy additional years once your current support time frame is over?

BTW _ I have already tire calling RG's sales dept. about 30 min ago and no one is there and when I emailed the sales person I did it last Friday and have yet o hear back so I figure I might get faster answers in the forum.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Ed,

I'll forward your question on to the sales team -- I do not believe any of them monitor the forum, sorry to say.

Sorry about yesterday, all of the power went out and the UPS that the phones were on probably didn't last until 6:17 our time when you had posted this.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    P.S. - as far as I know you can renew your support contract as long as it is still in force. Renewing after the support expires can still be done AFAIK but we will charge a "penalty" fee on top.
  • Options
    Hi Ed,

We had a power cut yesterday which is likely why nobody answered your call, my apologies for that.

You can extend your support contract at the end of each term. We will attempt to contact the license holder by both email and phone when the license is due for renewal.

You can also pre-buy up front a disocunted rate for future years, it is entirely up to you.

If you need any more advice or want to see pricing then the best email address is dba.info@red-gate.com which is solely monitored by the DBA sales team.

Thanks,

Angus.
  • Options
    Angus C wrote:
    Hi Ed,

We had a power cut yesterday which is likely why nobody answered your call, my apologies for that.

You can extend your support contract at the end of each term. We will attempt to contact the license holder by both email and phone when the license is due for renewal.

You can also pre-buy up front a disocunted rate for future years, it is entirely up to you.

If you need any more advice or want to see pricing then the best email address is dba.info@red-gate.com which is solely monitored by the DBA sales team.

Thanks,

Angus.

Thanks for the follow-up Brian.

I do hope though that you’re mistaken about customers being charged a penalty fee when they go to by more support after their current support runs out. While charging the customer full price when they go to buy additional support is fair and reasonable since they did have the opportunity to get that support at a discount thru pre-purchasing, I would hope that RedGate would not make the mistake of intentionally penalizing a customer who choose to by additional support later on as that kind of “penalty” approach is not very good customer service especially in an economy where money is tight.

Thanks again for replying
  • Options
    Angus C wrote:
    Hi Ed,

Thanks,

Angus.

NOTE: That last reply was supposed to be for the prior post from Brian and not you Angus. With some sites having buttons listed at the top of a post and some at the bottom its easy to mix up which is which. Since there’s no EDIT button I have no way to correct that.

That would certainly explain the lack of someone answering. It is strange though that the voice mail still worked.

Under normal circumstances I would not have thought much about not being able to reach someone and would have just left a voice mail msg but I’ve had problems in the past with timely follow-ups from sales.

Thank you for replying