Options

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

markjerrommarkjerrom Posts: 6 Bronze 2
edited July 22, 2011 11:01AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I've installed SQL Monitor and then progressed to setting up the web site in IIS 7.0. When i click on browse i get a HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error - The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

The details of it are:

There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined.

Any ideas about what I can do to fix this? I've tried commenting various things out but to no avail.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    The other weird thing is that this error is pro-ported to be in the web.config file - but if I search this for the line of code that the error shows....

15: <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>

I can't find it in the file???!!!!
  • Options
    Hi Mark,

There are these two articles pointing to similar error. Thought that it might help.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3387 ... urcehandle

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums ... fined.aspx

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Thanks for the speedy response Priya, that sorted it....I just changed the application pool from v4 to v2 and it fired up!

I'm assuming that this won't have any detrimental effects on the application?

Thanks again :D
  • Options
    RBARBA Posts: 152 Silver 3
    Hi,

The SQL Monitor website is designed to run on .NET 3.5, which runs on v2 of the .NET CLR, so there will be no detrimental effects.

We were unaware that the website doesn't run on IIS with the runtime set to v4. I'll look into this in case it hits other users, thanks.

Regards,

Robin
    Robin Anderson
    Development
    Red-Gate Software