Exception: Couldn't log on as the ASPNET user

Hi,

I had no problems with the prior version of ANTS Profiler when I was evaluating it a number of months ago, however, now that I've purchased it and installed the latest version (I had uninstalled the prior version), I now get this exception when I try to profile an ASP.NET application.

Please note, I have reviewed messages in this forum that appear to relate, however, I am unable to add the "Log on as batch job" policy to the ASPNET user as the "Add User or Group" button is grayed out. I do have admin prividelges, and also logged in as the local admin, but had the same problem. The IUSR_ and IWAM_ user ids do already have this policy.

As I said, the previous version worked, so I'm unclear why this version isn't working. My machine.config does have "machine" set as the username for the appropriate config entry.

Here's the full exception from the Event log:

Unable to start profiler - exception details System.Exception: Couldn't log on as the ASPNET user [1385]

Server stack trace:
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController._7(String )
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController.StartProfilingIIS(String currentUserName, String url)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(MethodBase mb, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfilingSession.StartProfiler()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(MethodBase mb, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at System.Windows.Forms.MethodInvoker.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at _3._4(IAsyncResult )

Any help would be appreciated.

-Chris

Comments

This discussion has been closed.