Fulltext and Filegroups

ChloeCChloeC Posts: 6 Bronze 2
edited July 18, 2011 9:34AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Does SQL Compare supports fulltext indexes on non-default filegroups? When I try to synch against a database which has these created manually it creates them on the default, though tables and indexes are created as expected. I'm not aware of anything odd in my options - but who knows!

Chloe

Comments

• Thanks for your post.

Filegroups are ignored by default with SQL Compare. Can you check if you have the option 'ignore > 'Filegroups, partition functions and partition schemes' enabled or not?
    Chris
  • ChloeCChloeC Posts: 6 Bronze 2
    Thanks

The ignore option is not enabled. An example of the scripts seen in the compare window is:-

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Cartographics]
    (
    [CartographicsID] [bigint] NOT NULL IDENTITY(1, 1),
    [SubjectID] [bigint] NOT NULL,
    [Scale] [varchar] (50) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL,
    [Projection] [varchar] (50) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL,
    [Value] [varchar] (50) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL
    ) ON [DATA]
    GO
    -- Constraints and Indexes

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[Cartographics] ADD CONSTRAINT [PK_Cartographics] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ([CartographicsID]) ON [DATA]
    GO
    -- Foreign Keys

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[Cartographics] ADD CONSTRAINT [FK_Cartographics_Subject] FOREIGN KEY ([SubjectID]) REFERENCES [dbo].[Subject] ([SubjectID])
    GO
    -- Full Text Information

CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX ON [dbo].[Cartographics] KEY INDEX [PK_Cartographics] ON [MDDB_Cartographics]
    GO
    ALTER FULLTEXT INDEX ON [dbo].[Cartographics] ADD ([Value] LANGUAGE 1033)
    GO
  • Do the non default filegroups already exist on the target database?

SQL Compare cannot create the physical files because it doesn't know where to create them, but if the files are already present, then they should synchronize.
    Chris
  • ChloeCChloeC Posts: 6 Bronze 2
    Yes - the filgroup exists. If it didn't I would have expected the script to try and use them and fail (as it does for CREATE TABLE and CREATE INDEX), not just ignore their existence.