Options

Evaluation setup fails

kconklinkconklin Posts: 14
edited November 11, 2005 1:39PM in ANTS Load
I'm attempting to install the 14 day evaluation of ANTS Load on a Windows 2003 SP1 server with all current hotfixes installed, .NET framework version 1.1.4322.573.

Setup fails with the following error:
Error 1920.Service ANTS Load distributed test service (ANTSLoad) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I am logged onto the machine as a member of the local Administrators account. If I look into the services management plug-in, the ANTS Load distributed test service is stuck in a 'Starting' state. If I cancel and rollback the installation, the ANTS service remains installed, but fails to start on a reboot.

Any help on this would be appreciated, as I'm very interested in evaluating this product. Thanks in advance!
Kevin Conklin
Software Design Engineer in Test
Xerox Global Services

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

The service can fail to start if another application is listening on TCP port 8085. You can try to find the application with the netstat command, or you can simply do a custom install of ANTS Load. The distributed test service is disabled with the free evaluation anyway, so you can simply de-select it from the custom installation.
  • Options
    That was it. Thanks, Brian!
    Kevin Conklin
    Software Design Engineer in Test
    Xerox Global Services
This discussion has been closed.