Options

Comparing Specific Objects

kevine323kevine323 Posts: 58
edited January 2, 2013 5:42PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Are their any plans to add the ability to filter for objects before the compare has taken place? For instance, I may want to just compare tables in a database, but dont want the program to take the time to also compare 1000 stored procedures before I can look at the table differences. Thanks!
Kevin Eckart
Database Administrator
USA Truck, Inc
Kevin.Eckart@usa-truck.com
http://kevine323.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Options
    Hi Kevin,

I don't think this has been requested yet, but I have added a feature request for you. The request id is SC-5123 if you wish to chase it up in the future.

Thanks,

Siân Williams
    Red Gate Software
    Tel: 0800 169 7433
    sian.williams@red-gate.com
  • Options
    I requested the same feature about a year ago. I need to ignore about 90% of the tables in the database prior to the compare. I've used this product in the past and I swear by it but with the database I'm working with now SQL Compare is impossible to use because of the number of tables in the DB that don't actually need to be compared. I would love to use this product again but it won't happen until there is a way to filter objects before running the compare.

I noticed SQL Source Control now offers this feature, please add it to SQL Compare! :)
  • Options
    Has there been any progress on this since request id SC-5123 was created? I have a similar need to those mentioned above. I have a database with 30,000 stored procedures (most of which are encrypted), which means registering the database takes at least 15-20 minutes. The ability to filter object before running the compare would be a HUGE benefit to me.
  • Options
    I don't think there has been any progress with this feature but I'm still waiting for it.