Options

SQL Prompt 5 downgraded to standard edition

sbensonsbenson Posts: 17
edited June 29, 2011 2:53AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
When I installed the 5.1.6.35 update to SQL Prompt I went from professional to standard edition. How do I get that fixed?

Comments

• Options
    I re-activated it and that fixed it.
  • Options
    Hi sbenson,

That sounds puzzling. Many users have upgraded to 5.1.6.35 without issue so it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem.

What version of SQL Prompt were you upgrading from?

How did you notice that you were on Standard Edition? Did the About box say so or was there particular functionality that no longer worked?

Regards,
    Paul
    Paul Stephenson
    Project Manager, Red Gate
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen. I didn't notice it until I went to view a encrypted object. The message said this was only available in the Pro Edition. I thought, I have the pro edition. I came to the forum and seen this post. I re-activated the product and it fixed it.
  • Options
    Hi both,

We have discovered a scenario where if you activated SQL Prompt Pro through a different product in a Red Gate bundle (SQL Compare, say), and afterwards upgrade SQL Prompt to version 5.1.6, then your SQL Prompt reverts to Standard edition. Strange but true.

As you've discovered, the workaround is reactivating SQL Prompt itself, which restores the Professional Edition functionality.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. The developers are now looking at it.

Regards,
    Paul
    Paul Stephenson
    Project Manager, Red Gate