Options

Azure improvement suggestion

renepaperenepape Posts: 7
edited August 11, 2014 1:32PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi
If the name of the primary key has been changed on the local database, then SQL Compare will issue a 'drop constraint' to recreate it using the new name, but that doesn't seem to be allowed in Azure:
The following error message was returned from the SQL Server:

[40054] Tables without a clustered index are not supported in this version of SQL Server. Please create a clustered index and try again.
Could not drop constraint. See previous errors.

The following SQL command caused the error:

ALTER TABLE [files].[DataAvailability] DROP CONSTRAINT [PK_DataNotAvailable]

As a minimum, you could include a warning in the warnings list, alternatively do a full table rebuild instead, as you do with major datatype changes (when you see that the target is Azure).
Another idea would be to include a sort of "Quick-options" for Azure targets, so that the user easily could set all the necessary Ignores to make it work.

Thanks for a wonderful product.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

We've fixed this issue internally and do a full table rebuild instead (if the field modified is part of a primary key).

We're hoping to do a point release soon that includes this fix: no definite timescales yet I'm afraid, but I'll notify you with any developments in this area.

Alice.
    Project Manager
    SQL Tools
  • Options
    Thanks for your post.

We've fixed this issue internally and do a full table rebuild instead (if the field modified is part of a primary key).

We're hoping to do a point release soon that includes this fix: no definite timescales yet I'm afraid, but I'll notify you with any developments in this area.

Alice.
    Project Manager
    SQL Tools

Has this been released?
  • Options
    acrawfordacrawford Posts: 13 Bronze 2
    I too would be interested to know if this has been released as I have this exact problem.