Options

Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'.

carl.schuttecarl.schutte Posts: 3
edited May 16, 2011 7:27PM in Exception Hunter 2
Does anybody know how I fox this error?

An exception was encountered while trying to load the assembly C:\Users\Carlschutte\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ManagementInformationReporting\ManagementInformationReporting\Default.aspx.
RedGate.Exceptions.AssemblyNotLoadedException
at RedGate.ExceptionHunter.Logic.CecilSPI.DotNetAssembly.a(Exception )
at RedGate.ExceptionHunter.Logic.CecilSPI.DotNetAssembly.a(Boolean )
at RedGate.ExceptionHunter.Logic.CecilSPI.DotNetAssembly.a(String )
at RedGate.ExceptionHunter.Logic.CecilSPI.DotNetAssembly..ctor(IExceptionHunterSession session, String fullPathname)
at y.GetPE(String fullPathname)
at v.AddSessionAssembliesAndReferences(IEnumerable`1 filenames)
at RedGate.ExceptionHunter.UI.MainForm.<>c__DisplayClass21.<AddAssemblies>b__1d()

Caused by:

Compilation of ASP.NET pages did not succeed: Utility to precompile an ASP.NET applicationCopyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Users\Carlschutte\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ManagementInformationReporting\ManagementInformationReporting\web.config(26): error ASPCONFIG: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.
RedGate.Exceptions.AssemblyNotLoadedException
at G.FullNameForAssembly(String filename)
at cB.a(String , Boolean )
at bz.LoadAssemblyFromFile(String filename)
at bs.e.PerformTask()
at bs.a()

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I think this is just the lack of support for Microsoft .NET version 4 in Exception Hunter. targetFramework was an assembly-level attribute added to v4 to allow it to run multiple versions of the Framework.

The next version of Exception Hunter will be able to process .NET 4 assemblies.
  • Options
    Thanks Brian - I wasn't aware that .NET 4 is not currently supported.
    I'll try to downgrade to .NET 3.5 in the interim and see if I can get it working.
    I think this is just the lack of support for Microsoft .NET version 4 in Exception Hunter. targetFramework was an assembly-level attribute added to v4 to allow it to run multiple versions of the Framework.

The next version of Exception Hunter will be able to process .NET 4 assemblies.