Options

False positives with FILESTREAM??

bauergabauerga Posts: 4 Bronze 2
edited May 9, 2011 11:45AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I have a table that appears in the list view as having differences, but there are no differences in the side-by-side view.

Just for grins, I have executed the synchronization script but still get the same compare results.

The only thing 'special' about this table is that it contains a FILESTREAM column. ???

Comments

• Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    If there's a difference in the Filestream definition that's causing it to be listed then I'd expect that to show in the difference pane, assuming the text for that is displayed.

Do you have extended properties on the table? If so, can you try ignoring these in the options and see if it stops it showing up; as I've seen occasions previously where invisible whitespace differences in your extended properties text cause an object to be flagged as different, but you cannot see this in the diff pane.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    bauergabauerga Posts: 4 Bronze 2
    I already have Ignore Whitespace enabled. After enabling Ignore Extended Properties, I get the same response.
  • Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Is it possible for you to script out the two tables so I can test it out here? Feel free to send them to support@red-gate.com referencing this forum topic and I can get a ticket opened up to check it's nothing odd.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software