Options

SQL Data Compare 9 not loading static data from working copy

zaaqzaaq Posts: 3
I'm attempting to transfer a static table that I uploaded to SVN via SQL Source control to a SQL Server 2008 R2 database. To synchronize SVN to the database, I'm pulling down the script directory into a working copy, then running SQL Data compare using the WC as a source and the 2008 database as the destination. Most tables transfer successfully, but a handful aren't being read properly by SQL Data Compare 9.

When I run a compare between the scripts folder and the DB, 3 of the tables say that the scripts files don't contain any data. I double checked this, and it's false. Each of the 3 files contains syntactically valid SQL. They do not, however, have "sdcs" files, which exist for every other data file in the same directory.

I'm unsure what additional information is required. Thanks for your help ahead of time.

- Zak

Comments

• Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Thanks for your post, and sorry you are encountering some odd behaviour.

Can you check the "Tables" folder in your scripts - is there a valid .sql file there for the three tables in question?

Also, can you look in the "RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml" file to see if the tables are referenced there or not?

If you'd rather contact me directly on this, please feel free to email support quoting F0046960 in the subject line.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    Can you check the "Tables" folder in your scripts - is there a valid .sql file there for the three tables in question?

The sql file parsed successfully for each table.
    Also, can you look in the "RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml" file to see if the tables are referenced there or not?

All 3 tables are listed in the database info file.
  • Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    I don't *think* the .sdcs files will matter- I don't have one relating to my test table with source controlled data. I think they are actually generated by SQL Data Compare, but because it cannot work out how to use those 3, no file is created.

Is it possible for you to supply us with the scripts and the db you're comparing against so I can look into it here? Feel free to contact support@red-gate.com directly with F0046960 in the subject line.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software