Personalizing email notification subject or body

MartinHMartinH Posts: 82 Bronze 2
edited April 26, 2011 1:00PM in SmartAssembly
Hi:

Is there any way I can personalize the subject line or the body of the email that is sent to advise me that an error has occured?

What I am trying to do is add the machine name to either of these fields so I know where the error has occured. I have added a custom property to the error report with this information, but it would be great to see this information before I download the report.

TIA,
Martin.

Comments

• There is a helpful example of custom error reporting. You should look here:
    C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SmartAssembly 6\SDK\Exception Reporting\3 Custom UI
    Thanks,
    James Davies
    Technical Support Engineer
    Red Gate Software
  • MartinHMartinH Posts: 82 Bronze 2
    There is a helpful example of custom error reporting. You should look here:
    C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SmartAssembly 6\SDK\Exception Reporting\3 Custom UI

James:

Are you saying that this is possible? I currently use the custom UI to report problems (in Spanish) but can't see anywhere to implement the requirements I stated. I have rechecked the example you pointed to, but still can't see where/how to coerce the text used in the body of the message to include my custom text.

I'm sure I'm missing something, please enlighten me!

Regards,
    Martin.
  • Sorry, but the email that is sent to you cannot be customised. It is currently hard coded within SA and cannot be changed via the SDK. I will raise this as a feature request with the developers.

regards,
    Thanks,
    James Davies
    Technical Support Engineer
    Red Gate Software
  • MartinHMartinH Posts: 82 Bronze 2
    Okay, thanks James.

Regards,
    Martin.