Using SmartAssembly in silverlight + MEF

DaníDaní Posts: 2
edited April 14, 2011 12:42PM in SmartAssembly
Hi,

I'm trying the smart assembly tool because I'm interested, in obfuscte and reduce size of silverlight applications.
My application has a plugging architecture taking profit of MEF deployment catalogs. That means I have many small xaps that are downloaded on demand. Really, I have one small application that acts as a Splash, once this application is downloaded it downloads the main application. Main application contains the shell and all the common references used by satellits xaps. Satellits xaps are downloaded on demand and do not include any dll (all references are marked as CopyLocal=False) as main xap contains all needed dependencies.

Please, can somebody tell me if I can use SmartAssembly in this scenario and if I can give some guide to optimize and obfuscate the xaps so they can run together.

Thanks

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I've given it a quick look and I can obfuscate several XAPs and load them dynamically, so in general this looks okay to do.

The pain points for obfuscation, though, are reflection and BAML not matching the method names in the DLL, so the more complex your project is in this regard, the more likely you are to run into trouble.