How do I uninstall Hyperbac

randyvrandyv Posts: 166
edited April 8, 2011 10:45AM in SQL HyperBac 5
Hello -

I want to uninstall Hyperbac. There is no entry in the control panel to do so. There is no uninstall function in the Hyperback menu tree.

This is one of two things that, when running, kill my system.

I would like to know how to uninstall it please.
What we do in life echoes in eternity <><
Randy Volters

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the SQL HyperBac forum.

To uninstall HyperBac open the Windows Control Panel ->Programs ->Programs and Features (or Add / Remove programs). Locate the entry for HyperBac Compression Engine Components by Red Gate (x64) <version number>. Select the option to uninstall.

However I am very interested to know why you need to uninstall SQL HyperBac, as the product should not be causing performance problems on your server.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Thanks for the quick response, but as I indicated in the initial posting, there is nothing in the add/remove programs for Hyperbac. If there were I would have uninstalled it.

As to why, I stated my reason, when it is running my CPU usage jumps by an average of 20%. I don't need that overhead on my production system.

Please, help me uninstall it as I have no visible means, I need to know what to do to get rid of it. If you cannot provide a means to do so, can you at least tell me how to stop it (permanently) from running?
    Randy Volters
    Thank you for your reply.

This is a little odd. Can you please open the services snap-in and locate the HyperBac Control Service. Stop the service and set it to manual.

What version of the HyperBac components do you have installed?

What version of Windows are you using? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • Hello Eddie -

Yep, had previously stopped the service and set it to manual.

When I right click the icon in the taskbar, and open the config manager, it says HyperBac for Windows Systems 5.0.10.0.

Running windows 2003 EE 32-bit.
    Randy Volters
    Hi Randy

If the HyperBac Control Service is a stopped condition, HyperBac should no longer be running. However the HyperBac Status Manager process will still be running but this module does not normally cause any performance type problems.

Are you able to close the HyperBac Configuration Manager by right clicking the HyperBac Config Manager icon in the system tray and select exit? Or killing the HBStatusMgr.exe process via Task Manager? Does this action help?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd