Options

Unable to get private bytes

Unable to get the private bytes memory limit for the W3WP process. The ASP.NET cache will be unable to limit its memory use, which may lead to a process restart. Error: 0x80070003

My Asp.Net application will not start when profiling because of the above error.

I am using the latest version 2.6.0 Build 62

The application is running in the DefaultAppPool using NetworkService account.

I have seen this post (http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... php?t=1289) but I do not want to change the account I just want to use Network Service.

Any Ideas??

Vince

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Vince,

I don't think that the proposed solution in the previous article applies to you because I was not really focusing on the cache problem as much as on the application pool user problem.

There isn't a lot of information around about this problem, but the consensus seems to be a problem with user rights. You could possibly try running the ANTS Profiler Service as the local machine administrator and that may help because it is the ANTS Profiler Service that starts w3wp.exe.

If that doesn't help, would you mind providing a bit more detail? When does the error message occur, during the IIS restart? Is the error message a popup or have you pulled it from the application log?

Hopefully with a bit of investigation we can get to the bottom of this!
  • Options
    The error occurs when ANTS tries to re-start IIS and is in the Event Log.

This is on 2003 Server SP1

I tried chaning the Service to use Local Admin and when I re-started the service it 'blue screened' my computer.

Any ideas?

Vince
  • Options
    Hi Vince,

I've sent you a suggestion via email. Please let me know if you don't get it.
  • Options
    Brian,

Thanks for the email, but I decided to re-install my machine as there have been other 'smaller problems' since I installed W2K3 SP1.

I assume this should fix this problem dn will let you know if it doesn't.

Vince
  • Options
    Hi Vince,

Okay. It does seem like there is something fishy about the way your computer is working. It's not the first time we've had this error reported, though, so there must be a reason behind this!
This discussion has been closed.