Options

SQL Prompt trial period ends even with serial number

cousinspcousinsp Posts: 29
edited March 25, 2011 10:19AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I have two users with SQL Prompt 5 installed as part of SQLToolbelt. They have both had a message that their trial period is over, and SQL Prompt is disabled. Both of these users have a valid activation key. One of these users has been working for over 6 months (having upgraded from SQL Prompt 4). Clicking 'Deactivate serial number' lists SQL Prompt 3 & 4 (but no 5). Clicking activate and re-entering the serial number results in the program becoming stuck, attempting to connect to the Redgate Activation server. No option to manually activate is presented. These users are desperate to get SQL Prompt back. Can anyone help?
Pete Cousins

Comments

• Options
    One of the users has now raised fault F0045833 with Redgate. I'll post the solution here when we get it.
    Pete Cousins
  • Options
    I've used Run As... on their XP machines to run Redgate SQL Compare under my logon. Although they are administrators on their machine, and I am not, I believe my account uses a different proxy server. This has resulted in giving me the option to activate manually (no idea why it can't connect to the activation server via my proxy), which we've done and everything is now ok.
    Pete Cousins