Column reordering is not detected for commit

garthdgarthd Posts: 2
edited February 21, 2012 9:43AM in SQL Source Control Previous Versions
Version: 2.0.10.11
Shared Mode
Using SVN

On a table that was previously committed I moved a column from being the last to being the fourth column. However, when I attempted to commit the change was not detected.

I worked around it by directly editing the SQL file in SVN

Comments

• Column ordering is currently not considered a 'difference' from a source control point of view, but due to popular demand we're changing this very soon.

Thanks for pointing this out. Please let us know if there are any other behavioral changes that are required.

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • csmithcsmith Posts: 138 Bronze 1
    Hi

SQL Source Control v3.0.5.7 includes a mechanism to allow comparison options to be configured.

To get this version, please run Check For Updates from the Help menu in SQL Source Control. This is a free upgrade for existing licensed v3 users and for users with a Support & Upgrades contract.

Comparison options can now be set via a configuration file in your database repository's Working Base folder. The following Knowledge Base support article describes how to configure this option:
    KB201202000521 - Setting SQL Compare options within SQL Source Control

Our plan in the future is to provide an options dialog to allow users to configure the comparison options that are changed most often, but we believe this configuration file procedure should help users in the interim.

If you'd like to see an options dialog exposing these settings in SQL Source Control, please vote on the associated Idea on our UserVoice site. It'd be great if you could also leave a comment indicating which specific options you'd like to see in the dialog.

Best regards,
    Chris
    Divisional Development Lead
    Redgate Software