Options

Table detected as different only when forced order is off

JHunzJHunz Posts: 2
I'm using SDK version 7.0.

I was going to turn off the "Force Column Order" option in my application to avoid some rebuilds that aren't strictly necessary. However, when I did so some tables are now being detected as different, when they were detected as equal with the option on. Shouldn't a table that's equal with the option on always be equal with it off? Is there more that this option controls that I'm unaware of?

FWIW Sql Compare (also 7.0) detects the tables as identical even with Force Column Order turned off. Here are the table definitions from SQL Compare:

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[GridTemplate]
(
[GridTemplateGUID] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_GridTemplate_GRIDTEMPLATEGUID] DEFAULT (newid()),
[Name] [nvarchar] (64) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_GridTemplate_NAME] DEFAULT (''),
[Description] [nvarchar] (450) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_GridTemplate_DESCRIPTION] DEFAULT (''),
[IsDefault] [bit] NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_GridTemplate_IsDefault] DEFAULT ((0))
)

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[GridTemplate]
(
[GRIDTEMPLATEGUID] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_GridTemplate_GRIDTEMPLATEGUID] DEFAULT (newid()),
[NAME] [nvarchar] (64) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_GridTemplate_NAME] DEFAULT (''),
[DESCRIPTION] [nvarchar] (450) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_GridTemplate_DESCRIPTION] DEFAULT (''),
[ISDEFAULT] [bit] NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_GridTemplate_ISDEFAULT] DEFAULT ((0))
)

I also have case sensitivity turned off, so that shouldn't affect things. What's going on?