Options

v2.1 - New release candidate build available for download

StephanieHerrStephanieHerr Posts: 177 Gold 1
Hello all,

We have a new SQL Source Control 2.1 release candidate build that has the following changes:

1) A larger box for entering multiline comments when committing changes
2) Changes to a table’s column order are now tracked as a difference and can be committed
3) v2.1 also supports more source control systems:
SVN, TFS, Vault Standard 5.x, Vault Pro 5.x, Mercurial, Perforce, GIT, Bazaar, CVS

Support for Visual Source Safe (6.0d and 2005) is available as an Early Access Release only.

Your system is not listed? If your source control system has a command line client interface, then you can set up SQL Source Control to work with it.

To try these releases click on the following link:
https://www.surveymk.com/s/SqlSourceControl_EapSignup

Thank you.

Regards,
Tanya Joseph
Project Manager
Red Gate Software Ltd
Thank you!
Stephanie M. Herr    :-)
Product Manager Database DevOps

Comments

• Options
    This RC release breaks down our developers setup. On each of our 3 developer workstations (2 win7 + 1 win XP), after upgrading to the RC, SQL Source Control will just not load. At the SSMS splash screen we get the Red Gate error reporting window with a message "Exception has been thrown by target of invocation".

We're all using SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition with local dev db

Please help!

Thanks
    Marc-Andre
  • Options
    Hi Marc,

Are you using Vault? If yes you will need to clear your LinkedDatabases.xml and then link again. This should resolve your issue.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Tanya Joseph
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Hi Tanya,

Yes I am using Vault.

Note that I also had to clear my "TableDataConfigs.xml" file to make it work.

Thanks
    Marc-Andre
  • Options
    Thanks Marc for adding that in :)

Regards,
    Tanya Joseph
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    I want to correct myself on my previous post. I actually did not need to delete TableDataConfigs.xml on other workstations I upgraded since then. The reason it failed even though I cleared the "LinkedDatabases.xml" is, I believe, because I also had that file under a "SQL Source Control 1" folder in my AppData. This was likely a remnant for an earlier EAP release when the version was still numbered 1.x. I'm guessing the RC release tries to "convert" somehow to file from "SQL Source Control 1" folder and bring it to "SQL Source Control 2" folder, making it fail again on startup.

So, I had to delete "LinkedDatabases.xml" under "SQL Source Control 2" and I deleted the entire folder "SQL Source Control 1" and then the RC started without errors.

Hope this helps clarify what happened.
    Thanks
  • Options
    We now have the full release available for download.

SQL Source Control v2.1 release announcement

Regards,
    Tanya Joseph
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd