WebDev.WebServer20.exe - No Disk

udikudik Posts: 3
Hi all,
I am trying to start the profiler (performance or memory) and i get the following Error message : "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk\DR2"
What is this and how can i get ride of it. it still works but I am not liking this and wonder if anyone here knows anything about it.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    edited February 3, 2011 7:40AM
    Hi,

I have a few open cases of this in product support at the moment. WebDev.Webserver is throwing this message out and not our product but nonetheless it is worth us looking into.

The basic assumption I have is it's something to do with a removable disk as "DR2" is conventionally Windows device name for a removable disk.

I'd check all your USB disk drives are plugged in and see if that works. I also suspect that file hosting solutions that install a drive mapping may also be to blame. If you don't need the drivers for any of these I would try uninstalling the software.

Finally, there seem to be a few mentions that USB drives mapped as C:\ will cause this to happen. Try assigning a different letter to the drive.
  • First thanks for the fast reply,
    I do have a few network drive mapped but no usb drive was ever connected to this machine. (the network drive can not be removed)
    anyway I am trying to find a solution for it but it is not high in the priority list since I can till work like this.
    Thanks anyway