Options

Changed index not detected as a change

rpresserrpresser Posts: 11
I dropped and recreated two indexes on a table (I changed the filter expressions), but SQL Source Control does not offer to let me commit them.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

I've tried to replicate this myself with this kind of change:
    USE [AW2]
    GO

/****** Object:  Index [IX_Test]    Script Date: 02/04/2011 11:48:05 ******/
    IF  EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.indexes WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[Test]') AND name = N'IX_Test')
    DROP INDEX [IX_Test] ON [dbo].[Test] WITH ( ONLINE = OFF )
    GO

USE [AW2]
    GO

/****** Object:  Index [IX_Test]    Script Date: 02/04/2011 11:48:05 ******/
    CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IX_Test] ON [dbo].[Test] 
    (
    	[TID] ASC
    )
    WHERE [TID] < 0
    WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
    GO

Source Control correctly detected this (previously it was set to > 0 instead of < 0)

The difference is I am using the EAP of version 2.0 - so you may wish to test this out and see if it makes any difference? You'll find details here: http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewtopic.php?t=12298.
    The official version 2 is currently due out at the beginning of March (although this is subject to change of course)
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software