Internal Server Error trying to profile a asp.net 4 site

Hi,

I've been trying to profile an asp.net 4 site using the latest version of ANTS (6.1.0.119), I keep getting the following IIS error when ANTS fires up IE...

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information
Module IIS Web Core
Notification Unknown
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x80070032
Config Error The configuration section 'system.web.extensions' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration
Config File \\?\C:\Projects\ABI - Seamless - net 4\Seamless - DotNet 4.0\Seamless\Fusion.Seamless.Web\web.config
Requested URL http://test.abi.org.uk:80/
Physical Path
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined

Config Source
108:
109: <system.web.extensions>
110: <scripting>

If I try to visit the site out side of ANTs (ether by running debug from VS or by browsing to it) it works fine.

We do have a licence for an older version of ANTs (4.1.0.45) which worked fine with the site but we upgraded the site to .net 4 recently and since our older version of ants does not support asp.net 4 I thought I'd try the latest version instead.

The app is running on my local IIS (V7) and is asp.net 4, it has the correct app pool settings (I googled the server error and the common fix for it is to check it's using the write app pool version).

Any ideas?

Comments

• I've been playing with this issue over the weekend and I've now got ANTS working with my site using 'attach to asp.net 4 process' - you will need to get ANTS to 'run as administrator' in order for this to work.

Interestingly after installing ANTS I'm no longer able to start a debugging session in VS 2010 any more - I have to attach to process instead.