Maintenance Cleanup Task not deleting old HyperBac files

MicroKidMicroKid Posts: 4
edited January 28, 2011 12:40PM in SQL HyperBac 5
Hi,

We have a maintenance plan (including Maintenance Cleanup Task) that backs up a collection of databases and then deletes files older than 5 days. The plan used to work fine when our backups had a .bak extension.

We recently installed HyperBac 5 and started taking encrypted backups with the .hbe extension. These backups are working fine but even though I have changed the file extension in the Maintenance Cleanup Task, old backups are no longer being deleted.

Can anyone help?

SQL Server 2005 Enterprise
HyperBac 5.1.13.0

Thanks

Jim

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum. I believe that you also submitted a support request via the Red Gate Web Site and a support call has been created, call reference number F0043729.

Sorry that you have encountered a problem.

Are there any errors in the SQL Server Error Logs or activity history for the clean up job that indicate the failure and a reason as to why the failure occurred?

My first suspicions is that the job owner does not have permissions to decrypt the backups so that the file header can be read to see if the backup file meets the criteria for deletion.

Can you please reply with a copy of the HyperBac service.log file and copies of any other log files that exist in the HyperBac logs folder?

From the Maintenance Cleanup Task, can you please identify the code that performs the backup file deletion and send to us the syntax used?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com