Options

SQL Packager Is Creating an Object Even When I Uncheck It

Wyatt70Wyatt70 Posts: 50
edited January 26, 2011 5:26AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
I am using version 6.3.1.122 of the product.

I open a new SQL Packager project, and choose the "Package an upgrade to a database" option. After it finishes comparing the databases, I go to the "Specify the database objects whose schema will be packaged" window and review the list of objects. I uncheck certain objects that I do not want to be created and then I click "Next". I click the "Uncheck All" checkbox for "Specify tables whose data will be packaged" and click "Next". Then I review the T-SQL that is generated. The "CREATE" statement for the object is in the script.

This seems like a bug to me, and a pretty serious one at that.

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post and apologies for inconvenience caused.

Can you kindly check whether the option 'Including dependencies' is checked?

When this option is selected, SQL Packager checks for object dependencies; if you excluded objects and other objects that you selected are dependent on the excluded objects, the excluded objects are packaged. For example, if you select a stored procedure and it references a table, even if you excluded that table, the table is still packaged.

By default, SQL Packager will include dependencies in the package. Clear the option if you do not want to include the dependencies. Note that clearing this check box may produce unexpected results or the script may fail. Roles and users are always included in the package.

You can find the option by navigating Tools --> SQL Packager Options --> Schema Options --> Behavior --> Include Dependencies.

Kindly uncheck that option and see if that helps, let me know how you get on with it.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Yes, this option was checked. Unchecking it resolved the issue. Thanks.
  • Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for the confirmation.

We are pleased that your issue is resolved.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com