Options

Feature Request: Color code objects or use distinctive shape

whenriksenwhenriksen Posts: 25
edited January 13, 2011 11:46AM in SQL Dependency Tracker
I'd like to see an option to choose the colors for objects.

For example, I want all tables to be blue, views to be green and stored procedures to be red.

Ideally, this would be a configurable option screen allowing us to choose the desired color for each object class.

Alternatively, I'd like to choose slightly different shapes for each differrent object. E.g. Rectangle for tables, parallelogram for views and an oval for stored procedures. As always, allow me to set the shape for each object class from a configuration screen.

Once those are accomplished, how about allowing us to set the shape/color of the object based on some other attribute. For instance, if the table name begins with DT it is one shape/color, but if it begins with LK it is a different shape/color.

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

Thanks for your post. Colour coding by object type is available within the tool, although a little hidden.

These are the steps to perform the colour coding:

1) Use the filter to filter out all object types except (for example) tables
    2) Highlight first table by left clicking on it
    3) Hold down the shift key, and then click on the last table
    4) All tables should now be highlighted
    5) Right click on highlighted tables and select Properties

You should now be able to change the fill and text colour. You will then need to save the project to have this available again. Unfortuantely, there isn't a global colour setting for object types available in the tool.

HTH!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569