ERROR RedGate.SqlPrompt.Engine.LogService [(null)] -

Chris GorringeChris Gorringe Posts: 20 Bronze 2
edited January 7, 2011 6:03AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I successfully applied the SQLPrompt_5.0, SQL_Doc_2.0.1.51 and SQL_Dependency_Tracker_2.60.1.47 to my installation of the SQL Developer Toolkit but I notice that I get a number error messages in my event log.

2011-01-06 10:27:33,913 [19] ERROR RedGate.SqlPrompt.Engine.LogService [(null)] - LogService caught unhandled exception in AppDomain: 'Thread was being aborted.'
System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
at System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Controls.SpinnyThing.SpinnyWidget.†

Comments

• Hi Chris,

Thanks for your report. The "Thread was being aborted" error is due to some slightly messy cleanup code, but doesn't affect the user (apart from spamming your event log).

We're going to fix this in SQL Prompt 5.1.

Regards,
    Paul
    Paul Stephenson
    Project Manager, Red Gate
  • Thank you for this.

Do I need to repost the errors relating the SQL Source Control 1 to a different forum or could you send them the details of these errors for me?
  • Hi Chris,

I've passed on the information to the SQL Source Control team.

Regards,
    Paul
    Paul Stephenson
    Project Manager, Red Gate
  • Hi Chris,

I'm one of the developers on SQL Source Control.

You can safely ignore all of the SQL Source Control errors.

In order to help us fix bugs, SQL Source Control logs a vast amount of information.

The first two (Unhandled Exception: Thread was being aborted.. IsTerminating : False) are because SQL Source Control logs any errors in any SSMS add-ins, and in this case, they aren't SQL Source Control bugs, but are the SQL Prompt error that Paul has already talked about.

The final one (An exception occurred whilst logging the start of day information: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied) is caused because we try to log information about disk quota, and we can't access this information (either because you aren't an administrator, or because UAC is enabled). We try to log disk quota in order to help us diagnose bugs where SQL Source Control goes wrong because the user has run out of disk quota.

Cheers,

David