Options

Base Monitor and Web Server versions are different

edited January 5, 2011 10:07AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi:

I just tried upgrading my version of SQL Monitor from 2.0 to 2.1.
I ran the package installer, and everything seemed to go well, i.e. no errors reported during installation.

I am using a version of IIS 7.0 that is already on the machine.

When I opened my monitoring site, I got the following error:

'Base Monitor & Web Server versions are different
(Base Monitor is older)
Base Monitor: 2.0.0.3780
Web Server: 2.1.0.238
Please update your version of the Base Monitor, or connect to a different Base Monitor.'

I download the Base Monitor installer and run the setup, but nothing changes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Simon

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

This message indicates that the base monitor is older version. Please navigate to the install directory where you have installed web server files. By default this will be C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor 2\Web\WEBSITE\Download. There will be a file in this folder called SQLMonitorBaseMonitorInstaller.exe. Please copy this file to the machine where you have installed base monitor and then run this installer again.

Let us know if this works for you or not.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Hi Priya:

Unfortunately there is no directory for the web server files (or I can't find it). Might this be because I'm using the IIS installation already on the machine?

-Simon
  • Options
    Hi Simon,

To find out where you have installed the web server files, please go to IIS manager. Then select the SQL Monitor web site. Then click the 'Basic Settings' option in the right hand side. This should show you the path where the web server is installed. There should be a 'Download' folder here which contains the Base Monitor installer.

Let us know if you are able to get to the installer or not else we will upload installer on FTP and send you the link.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Thanks, Priya,

I found the Base Monitor installer using the method you suggested (via IIS, etc.). I ran the installer, and it completed successfully, but unfortunately, I'm still receiving the same message, that the versions are different:

Base Monitor: 2.0.0.3780
    Web Server: 2.1.0.238

I even tried restarting the Base Monitor service.

Next steps?

Thanks,
    -Simon
  • Options
    Hi Simon,

Apologies but few more questions.

1. You mentioned that the base monitor installation suceeded. Was it run on the correct machine i.e. is the web server and base monitor on the same machine or different machines?
    2. Can you login to the base monitor machine and verify the version of the base monitor? You can do this via Control Panel > Add Remove Programs (or Programs and Features). Look for the version number of 'SQL Monitor Base 2'. What is the version number here?

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    The installer did indeed run successfully - no errors reported.

When I open the Control Panel -> Programs and Features is see the following version numbers:

SQL Monitor Base 2: 2.0.0.3780
    SQL Monitor Web 2: 2.1.0.238

So I guess the installer isn't running properly!

-Simon
  • Options
    Hi Simon,

I have just now emailed you. Please let me know if you dont receive my email.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software