Options

Feature Request - Sql Format

Bill_RossBill_Ross Posts: 20
edited January 5, 2011 10:47AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I love SQL Format, but sometimes what I want is the opposite - to remove all formatting and turn it into a single line, so I can pass the whole query as a parameter.

Also, at the same time, I want to turn hard coded text into a string. For example:

...where myfield = 'Y' and...

into:

...where myfield = ''Y'' and...

Also, if there is a bug, Sql Format aborts without doing any formatting. I would like the option to do a partial format, ignoring the problem code (but still underline it) because it sometimes help identify the missing quotation mark or what have you.

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post and your feedback is highly appreciated.

1. Regarding formatting the code on single line: We have already logged this as a feature request in our internal tracking system whose Id is SP-2816.

2. Regarding option to change hardcoded text to string: We have logged this as a feature request whose tracking id is SP-3708

3. Regarding underlining functionality if query contains error and also partially formatting the code: We have logged this as a feature request whose tracking id is SP-3709

All above feature requests will be reviewed by product manager and than marked for the future release.

Kindly let me know if you need more help on this.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com