Options

Suggestion - Read Only User

JohanNJohanN Posts: 13
edited January 9, 2011 12:20PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi

at our department we have some screens setup that shows various dashboards for monitoring differnet systems and SQL Monitor is one of them.

the potential problem is that our office is visited by different people and we wouldn't like anyone to be able to alter the monitoring configuration or to be able to start and stop traces on our production servers.

/Johan N

Comments

• Options
    ditto. It would be nice to give certain users (e.g. developers) access to the site, but without the ability to alter any settings.
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks to you both for the feedback. This is in our plan and would be implemented in one of the future SQL Monitor releases. We are tracking it as SRP-3008.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    kevrileykevriley Posts: 129 Gold 1
    Just to add - I would really like this feature too!
  • Options
    I would like to expand on this. I think a helpful feature would be to have login management that incorporates department level management of the servers. The goal being that you can assign certain servers (or groups) to specific departments and have department level logins (or company level if you're using it to monitor different company servers). This way you can have one or more administrative logins that can see / manage everything and then assign out department / company level logins that can be read-only. These department level logins would only be able to see their servers of interest through the UI.

Also make sure to tie in the alert system to the department's alert e-mail so both the administrator and that department receive alerts for their servers.

This would be extremely helpful in many cases.